The United States Maritime Alliance, Ltd. (USMX) represents employers of the East and Gulf Coast longshore industry. Membership consists of 24 container carrier members, including the 10 largest carriers worldwide, and every major marine terminal operator and port association on the East and Gulf Coasts. USMX’s members are responsible for the transportation and handling of cargo shipped to and from the United States. The non-profit, incorporated membership association headquartered in Iselin, New Jersey is led by Chairman and CEO, James A. Capo.
Since 1977 the United States Maritime Alliance, Ltd. (USMX) and its predecessor organizations have successfully negotiated contracts with the International Longshoremen’s Association, AFL-CIO (ILA) without any disruptions to service. This year it is imperative that we do the same. East and Gulf Coast ports support hundreds of thousands of jobs and are crucial to both national and local economies.
East and Gulf Coast ports must remain competitive. Implementing new technology at East and Gulf Coast ports is necessary to handle more cargo, increase productivity and attract more business. If East and Gulf Coast ports are not ready to handle larger ships and increased cargo volumes it will mean less work for ILA members.
This site contains information about the 2012 negotiations with the ILA for the Master Contract covering the 14 East and Gulf Coast ports. In it you will find information regarding the current contract, the longshore industry, and news and updates.
USMX’s membership is composed of the following companies and associations:
- APL, Ltd.
- Atlantic Container Line
- China Shipping (North America) Holding Co., Ltd.
- CMA CGM (America), LLC
- COSCO Container Lines Americas, Inc.
- CSAV Group North America
- Evergreen Shipping Agency (America) Corp.
- Hamburg Sud North America, Inc.
- Hanjin Shipping Company, Ltd.
- Hapag-Lloyd (America), Inc.
- Horizon Lines, LLC
- Hyundai Merchant Marine (America), Inc.
- “K” Line America
- Maersk, Inc.
- Mediterranean Shipping Company USA, Inc.
- MOL (America), Inc.
- NYK Line (North America), Inc.
- OOCL (USA), Inc.
- Turkon America, Inc.
- United Arab Shipping Company
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics Americas, LLC
- Yang Ming (America) Corp.
- Zim American Integrated Shipping Services Company, Inc.
- APM Terminals, Inc.
- Ceres Terminals, Inc.
- CP&O, LLC
- Global Terminal & Container Services
- Maher Terminals, LLC
- Ports America Group
- SSA/Cooper, LLC
- Boston Shipping Association
- Georgia Stevedore Association
- Hampton Roads Shipping Association
- Jacksonville Maritime Association, Inc.
- Midgulf Association of Stevedores, Inc.
- New York Shipping Association, Inc.
- Ports of the Delaware River Marine Trade Association
- South Carolina Stevedores Association
- Southeast Florida Employers Port Association
- Steamship Trade Association of Baltimore
- West Gulf Maritime Association